ModeWheel Quickstart Manual
Before you download the ModeWheel application, you may wish to read the Quickstart Manual, which is available here as a PDF file. It explains in detail the less obvious features of the program.
UPDATE (June 2022): A new version of ModeWheel (v. 1.2.0) has been posted for both Windows and macOS that adjusts the size of the main window so that it displays entirely on smaller (11-to 14-inch) laptop screens without any significant loss of quality. Apart from this and a minor revision to the opening screen, the program is essentially unchanged.)
Install for Windows
ModeWheel has been tested on Windows 10, but should run without problem on Windows 11 (and probably on at least one version prior to Windows 10). It is provided here for download using a conventional Windows installer (.msi) file. It has been code-signed by a Microsoft Certificate Authority to ensure that it meets the requirements of the Windows Defender system.
- Download and save the installer (.msi) file to your computer.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions. This will install ModeWheel in your Applications folder and add a shortcut icon to your Desktop.
- The ModeWheel application can be run either via the Desktop shortcut or the .exe icon in the Applications folder.
If you wish to uninstall ModeWheel, run the installer again and choose the option to uninstall the program and its related files.
Install for macOS
ModeWheel has been tested on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) through macOS 11 (Big Sur), including Macs that employ the new generation of Apple processors. It is provided here for download using a conventional macOS disk image (.dmg) file. It has been code-signed and notarized by Apple to ensure that it meets the requirements of the macOS Gatekeeper system.
- Download and save the disk image (.dmg) file to your computer.
- Double-click the .dmg file to mount the disk image.
- In the disk image window, drag the ModeWheel icon onto the Applications folder icon. This will install the program in your Applications folder.
- Close and unmount the disk image. ModeWheel can be run by double-clicking its icon in the Applications folder.
If you wish to uninstall ModeWheel, simply drag the program icon from the Applications folder to the Trash. (This is the only item that was installed on your computer.)